10,000 BlackInterns is organising a comprehensive training programme to get young black people into management positions within business. The training programme is called ‘Mt Kilimanjaro’ and aims to prepare young people for positions in a variety of professions.
10,000 Black Interns seeks to offer 2,000 internships each year for five consecutive years. The organisation have partnered up with firms from 24 different sectors, delivering internships across a range of internal business functions. Each internship offered presents the opportunity to change a life.
Each interview offered provides invaluable experience and each training session can genuinely change an individual’s trajectory.
Industries covered include: Media, arts & sports, financial services data & technology, Human Resources, Consumer & Retail, Accountancy, Insurance, Engineering, recruitment, voluntary sector and many other sectors.
The training programme will include:
- Interviews with some of the industry’s most successful leaders – their stories: the failure and the success.
- Webinars explaining the inner workings of the industry – delivered by industry experts who will talk through everything you need to know.
- Panel discussions with successful Black people currently working in asset management – how to make the most of your internship and increase the likelihood of securing a job offer.
- An Online Training Program with essential modules to complete along with Lesson Plans.
- Mentor and Buddy sessions.
- Team bonding sessions where you will get to know the other participants in the 10000 Black Interns Programme.
The 10,000 BlackInterns will hold sessions from 17.00-17.45 every Tuesday and Thursday.
There will be two 45 minute sessions each day at 16.30 and 17.30. You can register for as many sessions as you wish! Participants are encouraged to attend as many sessions as possible to prepare yourself for the 10,000 Black Interns application, which will ask you to select three sectors of interest.
For more information, go to www.10000blackinterns.com/training